Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!- Thank You to the Soldiers!

This is Memorial Day weekend. It is a weekend that many have the day off, spending time with family, having cookouts, opening up the pools, and eating watermelon. Nothing is wrong with any of those things. I, personally, love all of those things.

However, I have been reminded and would also like to remind you to spend time remembering what Memorial Day means. Thousands of men and women have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. I am truly thankful for the freedom I have in America! I am thankful for those that have died for me. They did not have to do that. In many cases, they chose to serve because of their deep desire and love for their country. I love my country! But, I honestly cannot understand their willingness to sacrifice themselves for me and my freedom. I am so thankful to them and not just to them, but I am also thankful to their families.

I am also thankful for the men and women who have served and have come home to their families. They also deserve a great thanks for their time and service- past and present. I want to thank those men and women , who are now fighting oversees or may be even training to go over to fight for our country. I am thankful for you! You are all my heroes! You continue to keep our country safe and free. You are continuing the legacy of the men and women who have fought before you.

We, as Americans, cannot forget where we have come from. We cannot forget what our men and women have sacrificed their lives for. Without them, we would not be able to live in this amazing, free country. Let us not let the sacrifice of the lives of our brave men and women be in vain. Let us take the time today and every day to be thankful for what those in the military have done and are doing and will be doing for us. If we know soldiers, let us take the time to say thank you! To all the soldiers that may be reading this blog, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to this country. Thank you for fighting for my freedom, so I can sit hear even tonight to have the freedom of speech to type this blog. I don't take this for granted. Thank you!

No comments: